Day 2 Noon

After the movie was over, we ditched the diapers in the trash bin in the bathroom, and aunt Sallie was none the wiser.  I changed from Mia's Pink pajamas she borrowed me yesterday into my clothes, and went to the kitchen, to ask aunt Sallie for a snack. Girls rejoined me shortly and aunt Sallie cut some apples for us.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Mia asked.

"Let's go play hide and seek!" Emily suggested.

"Sure", I said.

"Ok, one of you two counts while I go hide. You shall never find me" said Emily, rushed away, and closed the kitchen door so we could see where's she going.

"So, rock paper scissors to determine which one of us shall seek?" Mia asked.

"No need. You can go hide" I said.

"Ok, thanks... Word of advice, Emily is really good at this game.  You will probably have hard time finding her.  Who knows, maybe she will hide here in the kitchen, just a few moments later when you leave it. And by the way, she hates seeking."

"Ok, thanks for the advice. Now go!"

I didn't even try to count- instead, I finished the remaining pieces of apples and shouted "Ready or not, I'm coming" and started seeking.

First, I checked all the wardrobes. I didn't found anyone.

Then, I checked the Bathroom. No one was hiding behind the doors or in the bath, so continued the search.

No one was hiding under the beds either... I continued the search.

I was already in the living room when I remembered what Mia said- Emily might be already hiding in the kitchen. I rushed to the kitchen-but nobody was there.

Hmm, where could they be...  The only place I didn't thoroughly check was the living room.

And then I heard it. "Apchooh" came the sneeze from the bathroom. Someone was in there. But where?

I revisited the bathroom. No one was in the bath. No one was behind the doors.  Sufficient to say, no one was under changing pad on wash machine either.  I remembered being changed on it last evening and again felt a little embarrassed. I was too old to wear nappies, but that didn't stop me from being put into one and later using it.  The kid from the giant package of Pampers seemed so much younger than me...

And then I saw it. Something was not right with the giant package of nappies.  I scratched my head, thinking what could it be. And then I remembered. Yesterday,  Pampers pack leaned onto the washing machine, but today, it leaned onto the giant pile of towels in the corner between the wall and washing machine. At this point, I knew exactly what was going on. I grabbed the package of nappies and quickly pulled it towards me...

"Found you, Emily!" I shouted.

"C'mon it's not fair. If I wouldn't sneeze you would found me till lunch" she protested.

"Well, that's true, but it doesn't change the fact that you are next in line for counting. But nice hiding spot anyway. Now, we need only to found Mia"

"You didn't found here yet? She is really not creative when it comes to hiding. I bet she is in one of those tree hiding spots: Under our bed, in corner behind the sofa or in mother's wardrobe."

"I'm not betting anything. But sure, let's check the sofa, I checked the others. "

"Ok, but please let me find and surprise her"

We went to the living room as quietly as we could. Emily again signaled me to hush, as she climbed upon the sofa and sneaked onwards.

"Well well well, you look like you are pooping in your favorite corner " Emily surprised Mia, who was crunching in the corner where Emily predicted she would be.

"You found me. But you are forgetting something- that was your favorite pooping spot, not mine" Mia answered.

"Hush, he doesn't need to know that," Emily said.

"Know what exactly?" I wondered.

"Well, while potty training Emily, she was hmmm: quite resistant to use the loo for number two, let's put it that way. And not proud of it, so she liked to hide, especially in this corner. If we found her standing here or crunching anywhere else, there was high chance she was messy. If we found her crunching in this corner- it was 100% " Mia explained.

"You were Emily, I didn't need to know that. So, shall we continue with the game?" I asked.

"Well, what if we rather go watch another Harry Potter movie" Emily suggested.

"Sure", me and Mia agreed. We were able to finish this movie without any "potty breaks".  And just after the movie was finished, it was time for lunch.